Dungeons & Dragons character class
Those of you familiar with the Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master Guide (insert TMs, Rs, and Cs as necessary) have probably noticed the section on creating alternate character classes. Specifically, they include ideas for an undead hunter and a spell list for a hypothetical witch class. This got my creative juices flowing, so I set out to flesh the class out. I've actually been playing a witch character a bit, and it's been fun to gauge her interactions with people and what sorts of roles she plays in the party. In any case, though, here are the basic stats:
- Attack bonus, saves, and bonus feats as wizard (including Scribe Scroll at first level)
- Spells per day as wizard
- Wisdom-based spells, written in a grimoire (spellbook)
- No proficiency with any armor or shields
- Proficient with all simple weapons and hand crossbow
- Familiars available: toad, cat, owl, raven, bat
- Race: most likely human or elf.
- Bonus languages: Draconic possible
- Alignment and religion: pretty much any, slight lean toward lawfulness
- Hit die: d4
- 2 + Int skills per level
- Class skills: appraise, bluff, concentration, craft, decipher script, disguise, handle animal, heal, knowledge (nature, arcana, local), listen, profession, search, sense motive, spellcraft, spot, use magic device
As for spells available, I took the list directly from the DM's Guide; it's a mixture of arcane and divine spells with an emphasis on subdued spells, minor healing, and some transformation.
- Cantrips: arcane mark, cure minor wounds, dancing lights, daze, detect magic, detect poison, flare, ghost sound, light, mending, read magic, resistance, virtue.
- Level 1: cause fear, charm person, command, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, disguise self, doom, endure elements, hypnotism, identify, silent image, sleep, speak with animals, ventriloquism.
- Level 2: alter self, blindness/deafness, calm emotions, cure moderate wounds, delay poison, detect thoughts, enthrall, invisibility, locate object, minor image, scare, whispering wind.
- Level 3: bestow curse, clairvoyance/clairaudience, contagion, create food and water, dispel magic, Leomund's tiny hut, magic circle against chaos/evil/law/good, major image, rage, remove blindness/deafness, suggestion, tongues.
- Level 4: charm monster, crushing despair, discern lies, divination, fear, giant vermin, good hope, locate creature, minor creation, neutralize poison, polymorph, remove curse, scrying.
- Level 5: baleful polymorph, dream, false vision, feeblemind, greater command, magic jar, major creation, mirage arcana, nightmare, seeming, sending.
- Level 6: animate objects, control weather, eyebite, find the path, geas/quest, greater scrying, heroes' feast, legend lore, mass suggestion, mislead, repulsion, shadow conjuration, Tenser's transformation, true seeing.
- Level 7: creeping doom, finger of death, insanity, liveoak, repel wood, transport via plants.
- Level 8: antipathy, demand, discern location, horrid wilting, polymorph any object, sympathy, trap the soul.
- Level 9: earthquake, foresight, refuge, shapechange, wail of the banshee, weird.
Let me know if I missed anything.
Torio is hosted on Comic Genesis, a free webhosting and site automation service for webcomics. The stuff you see here, unless marked otherwise, is the intellectual property of either Simon Shepherd or Nathan Reich. Please don't take without asking first.